The Family Game Night that we are hosting for families in Little Village is fast approaching (yay), and we are looking for additional volunteers. There are opportunities to be involved prior to the event, so if you can't make it that night, never fear--we could still use your help. Take a look at the task lists below, and email Meg to let her know what you can help with.
Family Game Night, Friday evening, March 21, 2014
Rauner YMCA located at 2700 S. Western, Chicago IL 60623
Before the event tasks
We need people to cook or buy the following food items. Feel free to sign up for just a portion of the needed amount (example: one veggie tray, or cornbread for 8-10 people). For each of the following items, we need enough to feed about 50 people from LV, and approximately 15 volunteers.
- Veggie Trays
The meal served at the event will also include vegetarian and meat chili. Rather than asking for you all to bring a pot of chili each, Meg will be making ginormous amounts of chili the Sunday or Monday before the event, most likely. :-) If you'd like to help me cook, or to donate money toward buying the ingredients, please let Meg know!
Day of the event tasks
- Set-up--4-5 people to arrive at 4:00pm in order to set up the games and food
- Food servers--3-4 people to manage the buffet line of food and drinks, from about 6:00 to 7:00pm
- Game helpers--people to manage game stations for kids, teach teens/adults how to play board games if needed, manage soccer and basketball games in the gym. Time frame: 6:45 to 8:30pm
- Clean-up--4-5 people to stay after the families leave in order to clean up (event ends at 8pm, so we should be done cleaning up by 9:30 or 10pm)
- Party People! :-) --People to just come have fun with us. Spending time with the families, enjoying them and getting to know them, is just as important as providing food. So come have fun!
Saturday of the Akathist
3:30pm Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
St. Mary of Egypt
9:30am Divine Liturgy
NO Services Today
LAST DAY FOR CONFESSIONS
9th Hour & Typika
Divine Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts (No Potluck)